i want to give up on this swtor download… 1.6gb file takes 2+ days (and it’s not even finished yet)???
i don’t get it
My dad is listening to the Swan Lake Suite in the av room
I can hear my shattered ballerina future beckoning to me
the year is 2053. a girl lays on her bed wearing vintage ugg boots. ‘I was born in the wrong generation’ she sighs as she listens to taylor swift and cries over a one direction poster.
some kids are actually gonna be like this you do realize that
-casually stabs everyone in the back-
I always think that I give out the absolute worst advice and sometimes I can’t help but feel I make situations more horrible than they already are because of what I give.
OH MY GOD BUT THIS IS NOT OKAY
NOT OKAY AT ALL
here lies Balin, son of Fundin, lord of Moria
I have all the time in the world with my vacation and I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO???
As someone who writes fics with action sequences and the use of guns, I thought maybe it would be helpful to pass some things on. Even though I’ve done lots of research and talked with family members (I live in WI which is a big hunting state and we have lots of guns), I still catch myself making mistakes with specific terms and their usage. Reading more James Bond fics lately, I catch others making mistakes also. So here is a little guide to help writers.
- A ‘clip’ is something that stores multiple rounds of ammunition. It is not what you would insert into a handgun to load it. Clips make loading into a magazine easier because they simply store the rounds. It helps with organization.
- A magazine is what feeds the ammunition into the barrel. Magazines vary in capacity. They, unlike clips, are spring-loaded, which helps the ammunition move in the gun. So, when you want a character to reload, they would use a pre-loaded magazine, NOT a clip.
- A silencer is really a suppressor. ‘Silencer’ is a word that’s used in media to refer to a suppressor that doesn’t exist in real life. Guns that are suppressed will still be loud and have a sound. This is because compressed air will still leak out of the end of the barrel, you can’t silence a bullet moving extremely fast through the air, and you can’t silence the mechanical parts on a gun. There will be a noise, but it just won’t be as loud or more importantly, alert people in a nearby area that a gun was just fired. SO suppressor is a much more accurate term technically speaking.
- There are different kinds of suppressors. One important kind suppresses the muzzle flash. It’s likely a sniper would use this more than they would want to use a sound suppressor, as the muzzle flash more easily enables you to be spotted when you don’t want to be. These are simply referred to as flash suppressors.
- After a handgun runs out of ammunition, the slide will lock back into place and you will know that it is out. There is no ‘click’ signifying an empty weapon that is so dramatized in movies and tv. A more likely scenario that would prevent a gun from firing would be a jam. Or programming the gun to recognize certain palm prints.
- A great place for writers, in particular fanfic writers, who want information on guns is imfdb. You can find out what guns are used in movies and shows, and what guns characters use. You can also just search for guns.
- If you want to get really specific, check out YouTube. There are users who will post reviews of guns on there, which can be really helpful if you want to see how a particular gun looks or how to shoot it.
So yeah! Here are just a few basic tips if you want to write a fic where a character uses guns.
guys someone fucked up and uninstalled Steam from my pc
now I have to download all my games again (it’s not much but we really have slow internet and it sucks I will spend my vacation redownloading and not playing at all) and I put all my faith and good hope that Steam Cloud saved my playthroughs
and my ps3’s dead
#sure other people admired historical figures #some kids at school liked pop stars#commander shepard was by far the most popular hero of them all #but hilary only idolized her brother #living proof that someone like her could be absolutely fantastic in life #best of all she didn’t have to HOPE to meet him someday #he’d be home as soon as the war was over #it wasn’t that hard for her to wait #besides - she was starting to branch out a little #aeian t’goni was probably the coolest lady she’d EVER know of #so brave #so dedicated to her service #there was definitely a pattern there #maybe it’d be ok if hilary chose to grow up to be like her #too #she was only 15 - she still had time left to dream big.
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT